Wednesday, September 12, 2012

All I Ever Wanted

All I Ever Wanted . . .

Our paths crossed again today
That keychain and mine
You know the one, overcrowded
With keys to the passed doorways
I can't do anything with it
So ....

I baby oil my bath water
Play the bobsled bop
Let the water fly

Adobe Acrobat slowed my computer
To a crawl, a prisoner to its demands
Ignore and I'll just see it repeatedly
I can't do anything with it
So ....

I slip my feet out of my shoes
Squish the mud between my toes
Paint my white feet brown

A drought in the Bible belt
A shooting at Capitol Mall
And you're out spouting politics
As if you can control it at all
I can't do anything with it
So ....

I hit the gas when my car
Crests the top of a hill
Raise my hands up high.

1 comment:

Brian K Miller said...



cotton-candy clouds
floating in a turquoise sky
here in corn country
a peaceful quiet day
watching cairo burn on cnn